Crystal Beshara is a Canadian contemporary realist painter and proud two time winner of the prestigious Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation prize. She is an Artist ambassador for Da Vinci Paint Co. (US) and her work was recently featured in International Artist Magazine (voted the worlds best Art Magazine).
A self-taught realist, she has been drawing and painting since childhood. One of Canada's rising realist painters Crystal moves easily between watercolour, oil or graphite. Her work is recognizable with it’s rich, earth tone palette and emotionally charged, rural narrative and uncanny ability to capture expression and anatomy in both human and animal portraiture. Corporate clients include the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Nortel and the Canadian Museum of Civilization. She is also a recipient of an Ontario Arts Council Award, was shortlisted as one of of Ottawa’s Best Emerging Artists , The Kingston Prize and elected into the esteemed International Guild of Realism. She holds a Botanical illustration diploma from the Society of Botanical Artists (UK).
She is also a writer and has illustrated 4 published children’s books including her original story When I Visit the Farm which was released internationally in 2009. Her work has also been featured and reviewed in Canadian House & Home, Modern Family Magazine, The Ottawa Citizen, Ottawa Sun, The Quill & Quire, and Montreal Review of Books. Beshara also is the primary sketch artist for the award winning television series Hard Rock Medical.
A familiar face in the media both as an illustrator and fine artist she has been a regular guest art instructor co-host on Rogers Daytime television, appeared on CBC’s Living in Ottawa, CTV news, CTV Regional Contact and CBC Radio All in a Day. For More Press/News CLICK HERE
Crystal is regularly invited to jury for various art societies and exhibitions as well as a popular art instructor offering painting workshops abroad in Santa Fe, Greece, Newfoundland, France, England and Mexico as well as locally in her home Art Studio. In 2014 she opened the much loved gallery and workshop in Ottawa called the Studio Café and in 2015 co-founded Art School Fair , Canada’s first Fine ArtEducational Tradeshow. In Ottawa she is represented by Wall Space Gallery.
Awards & Grants
- 2011 Ontario Arts Council
- 2011 Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Bursary
- 2010 Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Bursary
- 2008 First Place Award for Street Smart Kidz Online Art competition
- 2007 Nominated as Ottawa’s top 3 emerging Artists OSA awards
- 2006 Nepean Fine Arts League First Prize Excellence award and Trophy, “Isaiah” watercolour
- 2006 Nepean Fine Arts League First Prize Jurors Choice, “Isaiah” watercolour
- 2006 Nepean Fine Arts League Members Choice, “Isaiah” watercolour
- March 2005 Ontario Arts Council, Exhibition Assistance
- Tulip Festival artist assistance for Tulip Garden project
- Cultural Contributions Bursary PPHS 1993
- 2007-present International Guild of Realism elected member
- 2007-present Artists who Teach
- 2005-present Red Salon Artists
- 2004-present Nepean Fine Arts League
- 1999-present Art Lending of Ottawa
- 1997-present Ottawa Watercolour Society, elected as a Fellow FOWS, 2001